Analytics Code

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jon!

Well, seeing as it's been over a month since I last posted, it seems time! And I'm bummed because I had planned to post on Jon's birthday, but between work, school, and visits, I wasn't able to.

So, without further adieu, here is Jon's birthday post!
Dear Jon,
I am so grateful for the molding and shaping the Lord has done in your heart over the last 25 years. I couldn’t be more proud of the man I married. In honor of your birthday, I’ve decided to write you an acrostic!

  • Joyful – You can always make me laugh, which is one of the things I love most about you. I love that we can be silly together. I also love that you know JUST how to lift my spirits when I am sad. You are just delightful!
  • Obedient – You are eager to obey the Lord in whatever he calls you to. Your obedience to him inspires me to respond in the same way. And, since "we are one," your obedience is my obedience :)
  • Napper – Ever since you began at Starbucks and going to school full-time, you’ve become a napper. Who knew that lack of sleep, combined with hard work and foreign languages would put you back in the napper mode?!
  • Artist – Most people wouldn’t know this about you. I still remember (and have) the first picture you drew me. I was so impressed at your ability!
  • Thoughtful – You put deep thought into almost everything you do, especially when it comes to us. Your thoughtfulness includes prayer, which is one of the things I love most about you.
  • Handy - You know your way around a tool, a car, and anything else that needs fixing! And if you don't, you learn. I love this about you!
  • Attractive – How can I make an acrostic without commenting on your dashing good looks? You’re probably embarrassed right now, but that’s okay. I still think you’re cute!
  • Needed – You add so much to my life. The Lord uses you to sharpen and purify me. This role is so needed in my life. Of course, I also love that you help me around the house in the big and small things...you are needed there, too :)
I am so grateful for the day you were born. More importantly, I'm grateful for the day you trusted Jesus as your Savior. You show me what it means to love him deeply and I am blessed by the effect that love has on you and our marriage. Here's to 25+ more years of life! I love you!

No comments: