My friend, Jessica, did a neat post for their sixth anniversary (Happy anniversary, Jess and Brian!) looking back at how the same day, six years earlier, looked different. So, I'm copying her.
- Three years ago today, we were engaged. Now, we're married. (That's a freebie.)
- Three years ago today, we lived in Texas and Boston wasn't even on our radar. We are now "New Englandahs" who enjoy living blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, eating lobstah, and dropping our Rs as much as possible.
- Three years ago today, other people were making me pretty. I got my nails, hair, and make-up done by someone else. This morning, my nails aren't painted and I did my own hair and make-up. (I'm still waiting for "the crew" to show up at my house, but to no avail.)
- Three years ago today, I had lunch with my mom, sisters, grandmother, and four of my closest girlfriends. We laughed, cried, and prayed together. Today, I live in a different state than all of those friends (between the nine of us, five different states are represented!) and I ate lunch by myself, at my desk. Glamorous, people, glamorous!
- Three years ago today, I was eager for Jon and I to have our "moment," just the two of us, before the wedding. I still remember the look he gave me when he saw me for the first time (and our photographer, Marks Moore, captured it perfectly!). Now, three years later, we still are excited to see one another. One of my favorite things about coming home from work is seeing him open the door to greet me with that same sweet expression on his face.
- Three years ago today, I had NO idea what marriage was like. Sure, I had an idea or perception of what it might entail, but I certainly didn't know the details. Now, three years later, I know that it takes a lot of sacrifice, discipline, love, laughter, friendship, and so much more.
- Three years ago today, I was pretty independent. Now, three years later, I realize the joy that comes from healthy dependence.
So, here's to many more years of marriage and changes! I love you, Jonny!