Analytics Code

Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm back!

Well, April came and went, didn't it? Here I am on August 1 wondering where all of spring and most of summer went. Here's what we've been up to the past few months:
  • My first "concert" was a success! I sang a few songs with my friend, Jenna, then played and sang 2 songs on my own...one cover and one original. It was super fun and definitely stretched me in a new way!
  • Our church, Seven Mile Road, planted a new church in Melrose. It kicked off Easter weekend and we've LOVED being a part of it! I am singing with the worship band, which has been wonderful. I hadn't realized how much I missed singing until I got back in to it again.
  • At the end of April, I flew down to SA to meet my cutie of a niece for the first time. It was so fun getting to meet her and watch my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew adjust to being a family of 4. Brooke is quite the addition to our family and we just love her to pieces!
  • In May, we drove down to Virginia for our friends' wedding. I also sang in the wedding, which was really fun! Being native Texans, Jon and I both considered Virginia to be more of a "northern" state. After living in the true north, we both agree that Virginia is a southern state. We got our fill (and more!) of y'alls, fried food, and heat/humidity!
  • While in Virginia, we drove to Norfolk to visit our friends, Brian and Jessica and their cute little baby, Eden. We had a blast spending time with them and getting a better feel for their life there. Brian even took us on a tour of a submarine. It was so fun!
  • At the beginning of June, my parents and younger sister, Claire, came up to Boston, threw us in their car, and we all drove up to Canada together. We stayed in a cabin just north of Montreal and spent the week touring and relaxing around that part of Canada.
  • Then, in July, we flew down to Texas to see my college roommate, Stephanie, marry our college friend, Philip! We had another reunion of sorts with our Texas friends and enjoyed every minute of our time there. We finished our Texas trip in Dallas with Jon's family and at the lake with mine. It was fabulous!
And now, here we are...caught up to the present. Gordon-Conwell* (where Jon goes to school and where I work) is in the middle of a website relaunch. I am heading up that implementation, so my days consist of LOTS of website stuff. I'm even having dreams about new websites. Come August 15, we will have a new and improved website and I couldn't be more thrilled! It has definitely been a challenge, but one I've thoroughly enjoyed. Once the site goes live, Jon and I will head back to Texas at the end of August for me to sing at CBC. It'll be a great break from the busyness here, coming at a perfect time. I'm SUPER pumped!

Anyways, that's what's been going on in the Yeagers' lives. We're still alive, just super busy with life, work, and school. I'll be back soon to post one of our favorite recipes as of late. :)

No comments: