Analytics Code

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Updates!

Well, Jon and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary last Monday. It was a WONDERFUL day, complete with flowers, dinner at Square One, dessert, and a movie! For those of you who don't know, Square One is the name of the restaurant that Jon took me on our first date almost 3 years ago...crazy! It holds a special place in our hearts. I am so grateful he asked me on that first date! We thank the Lord for such a fun, wonderful marriage. What a blessing it is to have a clean slate and be given the opportunity to grow and learn with one another. Here is a picture of me with the flowers Jon bought me:



And here we are together!

In other news, Jon received his acceptance from Gordon-Conwell! I am so proud of my man! We'll be journeying up north for a few days come March...I can't wait! And speaking of Boston, Jon met a guy at the men's retreat that was from Boston. When asked, "How'd you like living in Boston?" he replied with, "Boston is such a great, fun city. The only thing I didn't like about it was the winters. They are long and cold and the snow just piles up. There's probably a good month you don't see the sun." My thought when I heard this...."A little sugar-coating would be nice!" I mean, who doesn't dream of winters complete with piled snow and depression-inducing lack of sun? He did say, however, that the winters make you appreciate the beautiful spring they have there. He said the city just comes alive. I'll be holding on to this key observation! With that said, we are still in the middle of our decision process, but have narrowed it down to 2 options. Please be praying for us to listen to the Spirit's leading in this important decision! We greatly appreciate it!

Other than that, things are the same here. I wish I had more to report. Hope you're enjoying this strange weather as much as I am. In the sixties one day and near eighty the next...gotta love Texas!

3 comments:

Weavers said...

Congratulations, Brittany- on your half year anniversary and Jon's acceptance to seminary! Keep basking in the joy of being newlyweds- so fun! Can't wait to see what the Lord will unfold for your future together!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mr. Boston Man. The winters make you REALLY appreciate the beautiful spring! Get ready to cozy up with your man during the winter...it's pretty much the only ray of sunshine in your lousy winter. ;) Congrats on the 6 month anniversary. You guys are such a fun couple. Tell Jon great job on the flowers.

Never Enough Food said...

Hey Brittany,
I found your blog through facebook and I blog stalk at work :) We went to Boston last summer for vacation and it was amazing! I told Rett that if we are even in need of a 2nd home it will be up there :) Y'all are about to have an awesome adventure! Have fun!
-Cindy (Rett's wife)