Analytics Code

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wonderful friends

When I say we have wonderful friends, I mean we have WONDERFUL friends. Over the years, I've come to realize what a rare and precious thing are friends who you can depend on, grow with, and be challenged by. Over coffee with one of my friends this morning, this realization came on pretty strong. Jon and I are truly blessed to have the people we have in our lives for several reasons. First, they challenge us to be real and honest with them. And when we are, they still love us. I've had a few of those moments this week and am SO grateful for this fact! :) Second, they challenge us to try new things, while expecting the best. They support and encourage us to follow where the Lord is leading, regardless of the change that will come with it. They pray for God to open our eyes to His plan, and when He does, they are some of our biggest supporters. Third, they live life with us and open up their lives to us. Jon and I have friends at different stages of life...some are right behind us, some are right ahead of us, and some are alongside us. It's encouraging to see what God is doing in each of their lives, even at different ages and stages. Fourth, praise the Lord for accountability! I have seen God use this powerful tool of sharpening one another in each of our lives. Praise Him for loving us enough to place people in our lives that desire to see His character and image refined in us.

We praise the Lord for His bride, His body of believers that love and encourage us in ways that we couldn't have asked for or imagined! Thank you for speaking truth and love into our lives...it means more than you know!

Philippians 1:3-6, "Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you  heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." (The Message)

No comments: