Analytics Code

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Post From My Hubby!

Jon had the opportunity to write a blog entry for GBC's college blog. It was such a wonderful reminder to me of God's sovereignty and I wanted to share it with you all! Enjoy!

I am God and there is no other…my counsel shall stand and I will accomplish all my purpose.” Isaiah 46:9-10

“He works all things after the counsel of His will.” Ephesians 1:11

Have you ever meditated on the sovereignty of God? The sovereignty of God should not be a doctrine that strikes fear (other than a reverent fear) into us, but instead should be a doctrine that calms our fears. Too often this doctrine is simply fiercely debated without practical application. So I want to ask all of us a question to think about: What are the practical implications of God’s sovereignty in our daily lives?

For most of my college years at Texas A&M, I did not know what I wanted to do with my life after college. I feared the future and what it would bring. Once I started thinking about vocational ministry this fear actually increased! I decided to start my journey by becoming a college intern at Grace Bible Church. The thought of raising support, while being newly married and having the new responsibility as “the provider”, drove me to lean on God to be my True Provider. I began to understand that He alone is in control of my life. This was a wonderfully liberating concept for me.

For those of us who love God and are in Christ, nothing can ultimately come in the way of Him doing the deepest and highest good for us. His sovereignty tells us that He will provide for what He has already planned. If His plans are different from our plans, we can trust in His ways, because He is good and is seeking our highest good.

Whether you are thinking about life after college and how you will find a job in this rough economy, or struggling through a rough and dark time in life, or raising support for a summer project mission trip, or even worried about what’s for dinner, you can lean on God’s sovereignty. Why? Because He is good, kind, merciful, and gracious.

Let us “commit our ways to the Lord; trusting in Him, and He will act” (Psalm 37:5).

No comments: