Analytics Code

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Well, the Yeagers are finally back to a normal routine after traveling the "Triangle" as Jon likes to call it...Dallas, San Antonio, and College Station. Jon and I had so much fun celebrating Christmas with our families. We are so blessed to be a part of two families that love the Lord so much and have lots of fun together!

Here's a rundown on what's been going on in our lives...Jon and I celebrated our first married Christmas together before we left for Dallas (I'm TOTALLY down with opening gifts a week before Christmas!). Jon got me the Pushing Daisies Season One and some gummy Sweettarts. Those of you who know me, know that I LOVE Sweettarts and the gummy kind are extremely tasty and hard to come by...you can only get them at Blockbuster! What a thoughtful hubby I have! I got Jon the Bourne Ultimatum and the game Risk. We've been quite the "gamers" these days...and I mean the board kind. 

After our little Christmas, Jon and I headed to Dallas to spend time with his family. We had a great time and definitely enjoyed getting to spend an extended amount of time there. We celebrated Christmas with his whole family on Christmas Eve and left for San Antonio on Christmas day. We "rendezvoused" with Luke, Aimee, and Austin on I-35 and arrived at my parents' house in time for Christmas dinner. Austin decided to be the joker for Christmas and spread ketchup all over his face for our viewing pleasure. After dinner, we opened gifts and spent time catching up. Jon and I got to be parents-for-a-day. Translation: we took care of Austin for a day. We watched Backyardigans, drank coffee/juice together, visited Outdoor World, tried to take a nap, shared goldfish, and played until our hearts content. We also celebrated my mom's birthday, which was super fun! We had a wonderful time in San Antonio and left feeling grateful for such wonderful families!

Jon and I spent New Year's Eve here in College Station playing Rockband and Guitar Hero with friends. I chose to ring in the new year asleep on a couch, waking up in time to hear, "3, 2, 1...Happy New Year," kiss Jon, and fall asleep for a little longer. I know, I felt old.

As we reflect on 2008 and all the fun it held (MARRIAGE!!), we are definitely grateful for what the Lord has done and look forward to what he will do in 2009. Something that we are especially excited about is reading through the Bible this year. I have always wanted to do it, so who better to read through the Bible with than your spouse? 

I'll leave you with a few of my favorite pics from our holiday. We hope you enjoyed time with your families, but mostly that our hearts would continually be filled with gratitude for Christ coming to earth! 

Austin and I decided to play together in the
laundry basket...he wanted me to 
take a close up :)


And more pictures to come...blogger is being too slow for uploading pictures!

1 comment:

the keiffers said...

dear aunt b: please update your blog as soon as possible. mommy tries to fill me in on your life but i can't be held responsible for what i hear and don't hear while playing! i love you!! austin