Analytics Code

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Austin Comes to College Station!

Many of you know my love for my nephew. In fact, if you've had a conversation with me, I've probably slipped a story (or five) in about how cute he is. Well, since we're moving and all, Jon and I wanted some one-on-one time with this sweet boy. And boy did we spend time with him. He came up the Thursday before Easter and stayed with us through Saturday. Our time together was P.A.C.K.E.D. So packed, in fact, that I only managed to get pictures of our first night together. But don't you worry! They're good ones!

Our church puts on an event before Easter called "Easter Eggstravaganza." It's a way that we're able to reach out to the community around us. Needless to say, there were SEVERAL children, bouncy houses, an egg hunt, and pizza. Austin had a blast!

Here's Austin with Uncle Jon
Can you tell he loves his uncle??

Austin had never seen cascarone eggs. He loved
them. This is probably my favorite picture
of him. You can tell he's totally enjoying himself.

Pure delight:

My sister, Aimee, had warned me that he might not know how to do an egg hunt. The week before, he had participated in an egg hunt and paused between each egg he collected to check out what was inside. Obviously he didn't get a lot of eggs at said "hunt." I was totally prepared to scurry him along, but it was not needed. He ran around that field, grabbing eggs like his life depended on it. I'd show you pictures, but the speed at which he hunted eggs made all of them blurry. Instead, here's a picture of the "after."


My other favorite: "CANDY!"

You'll be happy to know he ate his candy AFTER
his basket was full. And yes, his egg basket is
Mickey Mouse's head. So cute!

The evening ended with a concert by Ross King. He has an awesome kids' CD called "Words That Rhyme With Orange." If you have children and you don't have this CD, click here and buy several copies. It's super cute and fun and won't drive you nuts while listening to it with your child. Anyways, to get in our silly moods, we took this fabulous picture.

Finally, after four times of, "Make a silly face!"
You're welcome.

I wish that I could have captured the amount of questions he asked in a picture. Here are a few of my favorite conversations:

Austin: Will you take off my socks, Britty?
Me: I sure will! (socks come off...)
Austin: What'd you take my socks off for?
Me: Because you asked me to.
Austin: Oh.

Austin: What's that car driving for?
Me: I don't know, Austin.
Austin: Why don't you know?
Me: Well, because I'm not in the car with them. But we're going to an egg hunt!
Austin: What are we going to an egg hunt for?
Me: ....

After getting off the phone with a friend...
Austin: What did she say, Britty?
Me: She said she can't meet us for lunch, but we can go over to play later.
Austin: What are we going to go over to play for?
Me: Well, because it'll be fun. But we'll wait until after you've taken your nap.
Austin: What do I have to take a nap for?

You get the idea. Let's just say I was stretched to my capacity as far as creative answers go! My favorite memory by far was when he would wake up from his nap and call over the monitor, "Hello?! Is anyone out there? Hello?! Come and get me!!"

All this to say, we had a great time with Austin, full of memories and laughter. Jon and I were grateful for an extended amount of time with him. Thanks, Aimee and Luke, for letting us have him for a few days!

No comments: